Monday 16 May 2016

Sinatra Style



Ter and I once lived above a guy who loved Frank. On Sunday afternoons, he would crank up the stereo and we would hear Ol’ Blue Eyes crooning “Strangers in the Night” beneath our feet:

“Do bee do bee do, de doobee da da …”

Drove us crazy at the time. Now it’s hilarious.

At work, I often stream the “Sinatra Style” channel at jazzradio.com. Aside from lovin’ the groove, these classic tunes provide fodder for my imagination and thus for Diva excerpts while I’m coding invoices or cleaning up my files. Frank isn’t the only vocalist on this channel, but he pops up quite frequently. Who knew that his catalogue was so extensive? I rarely hear the same track twice!

Last week, for the first time in my reckoning, “Strangers in the Night” was played. Uh oh, I thought, get out of the office before he forgets the lyrics. I speedily hit “print” on a dozen documents and made my escape while the words still made sense.

Victory!

Except that some fluky recall function had me spending the rest of the day looping “do bee do bee do, de doobee da da” until I thought I would lose my mind. Drove me crazy.

Someday, it’ll be hilarious.

2 comments:

  1. I think one of my favourite memories of that place was his boyfriend in the bunny slippers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *wipes tears from eyes* How could I have forgotten THAT????

      Delete