Sunday 19 May 2019

A Brief Word with God




I sat with God. Together we watched the moon rise over the ocean, splashing butter-coloured light over opalescent waves.

I asked him for nothing and he gave me no direction. Eventually, I told him that I’m happy. I love my life, but if I want to change anything, I trust him to help me.

The moon ducked behind some cloud and the sky was suddenly dappled, deep blue and pale gold. God said nothing, but I felt him beside me, close and comforting in a way that made me feel safe and loved and not alone.

“I know you’re there,” I said, my gaze yet on the water. “I’m glad you’re there and always will be.”

Though he said not a word, I felt him smile.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to boldly say this, beautiful poem. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa! I'm a poet and don't know it! Thank you, Beanie!

      Delete