Tuesday 14 May 2013

Twitchy Tuesday


You know how I believe that Tuesday is the worst day of the week? Not so during vacation! En vacances, it’s perfectly positioned – deep enough in to have had a few days off and far enough out to have a few days left.
I’ve taken a week off work to wrestle with vampires and angels, so naturally I’ve checked the HBO listing and discovered a rerun of The Newsroom is on this afternoon (perfect for a tea break), assessed baking supplies for next weekend, and intend on a couple of loads of laundry before the day is done. I also discovered it's a bad idea to take your blog log to the beach; it gets in the way of meditation. I did take a few pictures, though. This one is my favourite, snapped a few feet from where I was sitting.


 

I'm running hot this morning, finding it hard to settle, so I'd better get my tea together and boot the writing computer. Jake`s story has a working title now - "Between the Storms" - and it's coming along quite nicely despite my interference. I reckon once I get into the rhythm, I`ll stop being a jumpy twitchy time-waster. A day this precious should not be deloped.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Ahahahahaha!! The last line! Love it! I'm envious that you are on vacation but I'm grateful for the coming long weekend. Woot! I hope to finish 'Mute' this week. I've got time today but no focus. I finished two poems but haven't touched the story. I don't know why/how that happens.

    Love the photo. I'd kill to be sitting there with you instead of pushing a pencil at my work desk.

    And OH working title! Hells YES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw you'd posted Mute but I can't print it here so have asked that you email it to me so I can get a hard copy some other way. I'm really excited to read it - for some reason my ability to concentrate is compromised when reading lengthy pieces online. And I get a headache.

    Augh! My vacation is dwindling ...

    ReplyDelete