Thursday 23 May 2013

Better Than Air



Apparently, flanerie is not an option at the office. I cannot leave the building without a destination ... and what better destination is there than the best chocolate shop in Victoria? I can’t decide if it’s a blessing or a curse that Chocolat is located right downstairs, especially since I’ve lately discovered that my debilitating headaches are not triggered by cocoa but are in fact due to gluten sensitivity.

This is my third day back at work after a week of writing. It started out painlessly enough, but as the days creep by (and I mean creeeeeep; slow as molasses in January), my back starts to bug me and my brain starts leaking through my ears. Ter says it’s sick building syndrome and I believe her, but I’m a dolt about getting outside for air because it invariably costs me money. If not a five-dollar tea latte, it’ll be something equally frivolous and expensive, but at 11:00 this morning, I was literally falling asleep at my computer, soooo ...

A walk around the block brought me to the chocolate shop where I bought a Cerise – a cherry soaked in brandy and enrobed in dark chocolate. It’s sitting on my desk as I type, luring me in with its smooth cocoa scent and pink lustre finish. What’s really silly is that it very well may sit there until tomorrow. I didn’t need the chocolate. I just needed a place to go while taking an air break.

Maybe I’d get out more if air cost two-fifty a lung ...

3 comments:

  1. I commented yesterday morning to anyone who would listen how lonnnng this week has been for being a short week. Geez. We have bad weather pending this weekend and so I think maybe it's that anticipation? Brutal.

    I'm jealous of your chocolate treat. Cerise. Sounds delightful and worth the air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound good, doesn't it? I haven't scarfed it yet - as suspected, it's still sitting quietly on my desk ...

    The photo is one of the actual morsel - Chocolat's website is pure food erotica.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (In my best Tina Fey/30 Rock voice) I want to go there.

      Delete