Thursday 14 April 2016

Round One



Our downstairs neigbours brought their baby home on the same day as the Flyers made the playoffs. Basher and I have had a couple of days to enjoy our team’s successful entry into the post-season, and the little guy below us is causing no ruckus at all. In fact, we only knew he had come home because I ran into another neighbour who had run into the new mum’s mother (with five suites in the house, you’d think the communication flow would be more direct) and got a heads up from her.

After Ter dropped me at work the following Monday, she sent me a text:

“First baby crying noises when I got home!”

“And I missed them!” I wrote back. “How good are his lungs?”

“Oh, just the usual tiny gasping cries when they are first out of the shell.”

The same sounds I’ll be making tonight, when the playoffs start for Philly.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my God Ruthie! That last line is a killer. *wipes tears from eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, guys. I'll be getting louder as the series progresses ...

    ReplyDelete