Monday 15 July 2013

No Left Turn



I must have succeeded in switching sides over the weekend. When I got to work this morning, I couldn’t remember what I do for a living. Honest. It took me most of the morning to settle into harness and even then, I had no interest in any of it. I caught up with co-workers and answered emails, which can be fun because it’s a form of writing. It was after ten o’clock and hardly anything had been accomplished before I finally realized that something mental was up.

Apparently, Right Brain is as aggressive and territorial as Left Brain once she’s in control. Regrettably, she’s not as sneaky else I’d have whittled the entire day away instead of getting wise an hour before lunchtime. Can’t say how the rest of the day will proceed, but I can sense logical, analytical Lefty creeping up in the passing lane. Righty is such a tourist, so easily intrigued by dreams and pretty things. I don’t have a problem with that on my own time, but I do have a work ethic (the source of which I am unsure) which demands I put in a decent day’s work for my salary ... but, really, does anyone really get as much done on a Monday as they do on any other day?

2 comments:

  1. Ruth, the work ethic (which we share by the way) comes from Dad. Very interesting blog, Dad gave me the address and this is my first look at it. Stay cool, eh? Alan

    ReplyDelete