Thursday 17 October 2013

Auto Biography VI


“Black Jeep”



He drives a black Jeep, a hardtop Renegade or Rubicon that resembles the thousand other black hardtop Jeeps cruising around town. I don’t know the year; Jeeps look pretty much the same no matter how old they may be. His has chunky tires and an impressive stereo—I hear Pearl Jam playing when heʼs idling at a stoplight.
He has curly dark hair and the lanky grace of a hockey player, slightly at odds with solid ground but a guaranteed swan on the ice. Heʼs handsome, of course, with bright dark eyes and an irrepressible grin. No slave to fashion, heʼs usually in jeans and a button t-shirt. His style hints at a love of the outdoors, of hiking in the wilderness or windsurfing along the sea coast. Heʼs a nature boy, tricky to capture and trickier to tame, but like all wild creatures, if you are quiet and bide your time, he will come.
I donʼt know who he is, but I want to find out, so Iʼll be quiet and bide my time, and one day, he will come.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yep, he's been rolling around in my head for a few weeks now but isn't inclined to tell me his story yet. *sigh* I just had to get this thumbnail sketch of my chest, perhaps to make room for more info.

      Delete
    2. I'm pretty sure it's Shade.

      Delete