Thursday 31 October 2013

SPOOKABLES!!




beware beware
of things out there
that creep and thrill
your blood to chill
 
a slanted eye
a scary smile
a booming “BOO”
hearts pound a mile
 
trick or treat
you may be meat
for hungry ghosts
you’re beans on toast
 
behind a mask
is no disguise
ghouls hunt by scent
not by their eyes
 
a foggy night
flickering light
what’s that, a head?
the taste of dread 
 
candy sweet
on vampire’s tongue
if you don’t run
you’ll soon be gone 
 
hollow laughter
trailing after
running blind
don’t look behind 
 
on Halloween
it’s safe to say
where’er you go
you will be prey


BOO!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. TOAST ON BEANS! I love love love this line! I don't know why. ;)

    Wonderful, fastastically boo-tee-ful for trick or treating! I wish I could dress up, hit the streets and recite it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or, beans on toast. Duh. I was so excited I typed it backwards.

    ReplyDelete