Wednesday 2 October 2013

Pool Queue


Rufus helping to pick my Flyers

The office hockey pool is now underway. We drafted our players yesterday and here’s how my roster turned out:

Claude Giroux (Phi)
Jonathan Toews (Chi)
Taylor Hall (Edm)
Jakub Voracek (Phi)
Ryan Kesler (Van)
Mike Richards (LA)
Vincent Lecavalier (Phi)
Jeff Carter (LA)
Scott Hartnell (Phi)
Cody Hodgson (Buf)
Alex Pietrangelo (StL)
Mark Streit (Phi)

With bench players as follow:

Jannik Hansen (Van)
Tyler Ennis (Buf)
Shane Doan (Phx)
Jason Garrison (Van)

I’m heavy on Flyers and ex-Flyers, but no Bruins, Islanders, or Devils. If I didn’t get every player I hoped for (Kris Letang and Erik Karlsson on defense, for instance), at least I picked everyone live instead of relying on the system picking for me. That’s how I was able to avoid Bruins, Islanders, and Devils. I’m happy with this gang – totally tapdancing over getting Kesler; now it’s a matter of them staying healthy. This is my third year in the pool. My rookie year I got second place, hit the sophomore slump last year, and expect a better finish than 7th this time out.

The Maple Leafs are in Philadelphia tonight, the matchup that started me on this crazy road of hockey ho’dom all those years ago. Life is good!!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Better bone up if you plan to stay a while, Nic. It might get a little, er, technical around here for the next eight months. My guys lost last night (frikking Leafs, grumble grumble), but I am pleased to report that I lasted through two and a half periods of the season's first game before resorting to the F word!

      Delete