Saturday 20 April 2013

And in This Corner ...


I saw it on a form at work and thought, Cool name for a …

A what? A vampire? No.

A vampire hunter? No.

A hit man? No.

A spy? No.

Well, what then??

An angel.

Oh, perfect. I know nothing about angels. Beyond the usual, I mean. Winged messengers from God. Naked cherubs who sit on clouds and pluck harps all day. Clarence Oddbody doing good to earn his wings. This means I have to do research. Yuk.

Wait a minute. Research could mess with the story. Why not let him tell it the way he knows it and see where it goes? I might learn something. I learned about my vampires this way. (My vampires are a little different from everyone else’s.) My cool inspector and I held a jam session last night, during which so many pieces fell into place that I am devoting the rest of this weekend to working with this story. I’ve no idea how long it will run or how it will end, but I write because I want to see what happens.

His name, by the way, is Shade.
 
 

3 comments: