Saturday 20 December 2014

We’re … 25th?!



First day of vacation and I wake up wondering where I write to complain about the new format at Hockey Night in Canada. The Flames are in Vancouver tonight, but I dunno – the draw isn’t the same since Kesler’s become a Duck and I don’t remember when I last watched an early game because the broadcast team is intolerably annoying.

Then I look at the schedule and see that Philly is visiting the Leafs in Toronto. That changes everything!

A few days ago, the boys had clawed their way into 22nd place in the league standings. Surely they’ve improved since then; they have lots of time to make the playoffs now that their losing trend is over.

Ha!

As of this morning, they’ve slid down into 25th.

^%$&*$

I’m still tuning in at 4:00. I can’t miss a chance to see them, especially playing against the 10th place Leafs. It is, after all, my first day of vacation and the Leafs are my fathers team. A hockey dinner of mince and tatties await, and however the game turns out, I’ll have seen my Flyers.

It remains to be seen if Dad stays in my will.

No comments:

Post a Comment